This half day course will provide the participant with the additional skills, information and knowledge, along with the appropriate attitudes to enable them to identify and manage an H2S hazard, assess the risk and implement the appropriate control measures.
Course topics and activities include:
• General Lab safety
• Overview of Lab management
• Personal safe working practices within the Lab
• The properties and sources of H2S
• Toxicity levels and exposure limits
• Acute and chronic effects of exposure
• H2S effects on metals, elastomers and polymers
• Risk management
• H2S gas detection including fixed and portable systems, their advantages and limitations
• Respiratory protection including different types of BA, mask fit testing, cascade systems, their advantages and limitations.
• H2S emergency procedures during operations
• Rescue of H2S casualties
• Detection and protection equipment overview
• Competency-based assessments made using approved documentation
On completion of this course the candidate will be able to identify the properties and sources of H2S and learn how to manage the risk of exposure. Candidates will have knowledge of personal H2S monitors and Breathing Apparatus available in the industry and they will understand the importance of mask fit testing. The candidate will be able to identify the emergency procedures according to the management plan during an H2S emergency.
Delivery consists of classroom theory. A knowledge assessment is undertaken based on the classroom material, with successful candidates proving their competence within the scope of the subject. Certificates are issued to those displaying the required level of understanding and have a validity period of two years.
Our Instructors hold an A1 Workplace Assessors Qualification and have 1st hand experience of H2S wells both off and onshore, in addition to many years’ training experience.
Sabre House, Howe Moss Drive, Kirkhill Industrial Estate, Aberdeen, AB21 0GL
H2S Training Details - Download
Hydrogen Sulfide Awareness (Lab Based)